annabelle / england / female / infp
literature / photography / art / languages / etc.
robots & ai / bees / unicorns / arashi / snsd / borderlands / + way more
want to be friends? comment here and introduce yourself!
layout / lj
- had fun time at Arthur's uni house celebrating his birthday in late August!
- I won first prize in a microfic specfic competition about bees in August too ✌️
- currently attempting to write enough poems to submit for a poetry competition and I don't think I'll get it all done in time but I am gonna try anyway because it's fun and I'm enjoying the process all the same
- enjoying the cooler weather! not enjoying the Raynaud's attacks and joint pain it's bringing
- Dad had his big surgery yesterday and is coming home tomorrow!
- very excited about the news about the new Arashi album! I like the title of it, very minimal!
- speaking of: happy 18th birthday, Arashi!! 🎉✨ I am so happy to have your joy in my life, it's made my life happier too!
- EXID are making a comeback in October! Solji will be involved but won't promote, which is good!! she's still a part of it, but won't damage her health!
- I have ordered a bunch of cute dice off Etsy, and a cute dice bag for them all to go in! (impatiently waits for it all to arrive!!!!)
- birthday stuff was all super fun! I think my favourite present was my pink "feeling philoslothical" tote bag, although all the presents I received were super lovely!
- I have been exhausted since birthday stuff! gosh I've done a lot recently
- spent the day chilling with a friend today, played Snipperclips among other things, had a lot of fun!
- more exciting writing news I cannot talk about quite yet!
- (passes out face down in bed)
- my birthday party is in 5 days, and my birthday's in 8!! exciting! I just hope the rain stops for my party! (seriously, it seems like August and autumn started simultaneously)
- I had an excellent physio appointment today! I have the nicest physiotherapist ever! I love her! she's so good!!! plus it was the first time I went into a physio appointment with her by myself, because physiotherapists in the past have treated me badly, so I got nervous when I first met her, and I would take dad in with me for appointments, but now I trust her so much that I feel super comfortable going in alone!
- I drove a car today for the first time! I did a three-point turn in an archery shop parking area while dad supervised, and I did well! a bit stamp-y on the brake, but it was my first time!
- I HAD FOUR BREAD ROLLS AT DINNER I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF they were so good and my stomach didn't complain about me putting food in it for once so I took advantage of it
- I got a bunch of new clothes in yesterday and they all fit perfectly and look cute on me and feel lovely on my skin! it's a miracle! that's never happened before! in the haul, I got a pink raincoat (it's so cute), the comfiest oversized red and white striped shirt, mega comfy red leggings, and a super cute and comfy grey dress! my style can definitely be called "cute and comfy", comfortable clothing is so important to me now
- I got my second writing submission acceptance today! it's actually the piece I submitted first, before my first accepted piece that I submitted second. it's my first poetry acceptance too! I'm really proud of the progress I'm making here! I'm having to readjust how I think about myself, particularly my writing ability, because it's extremely rude to imply that people are wrong/have bad taste if they're accepting my pieces and I'm still shitting on myself for my work, so I'm trying to be nicer to myself and it feels good!
- I keep getting so excited about things I struggle to fall asleep! my mind is racing with joy and I can't switch it off! this goes on until I tire myself out and conk out
- a little over a week until my birthday celebration! so so so excited gosh
- gonna go into my physio appointment all by myself this week, which sounds silly but is a big deal for me! I've had real problems with every other physiotherapist I've had in the past, and I find appointments generally very overwhelming, but my current PT is so magnificent that I feel super comfortable and confident with her to the point where I'm ready to go in alone!
- I'm also going to the cinema all by myself for the first time in a couple of weeks! another exciting thing :D like, I used to be very independent before my health got super bad, travelling around to see friends and such, and this is a small step in reclaiming that independence, it feels really good!
- stomach's being weird again/still, what else is new there really
- SNSD's 10th anniversary comeback is soon and every teaser I've seen so far I've adored so much, I'm gonna cry at some point over this, I can feel it ;u; I hope I have enough money spare that I can buy a copy of the album!
- new stim toys arrive monday!!!!!!!! yes! (although what the actual fuck at £15 customs fees, including £8 handling fee, what is this extortionate capitalist bullshit, fuck off with that)
- I had a really fun time at Arthur's over the weekend! I am so happy I have such a good best friend ;u;
- my microfic was published here on Thursday! I'm really proud of it
- two weeks until my birthday party!!! very exciting!
- I think I've figured out my current sleeping issue, so hopefully I can work on a solution to that
- my cat missed me so much while I was away, he's now asleep next to me! so cute aaa
- possibly experiencing autistic burnout, which isn't great, nor does it feel great; what would feel nice is going into a sensory deprivation tank or something for a while
- my micro fic is being published in 4 days!!
- I'm also heading to Arthur's in 4 days, very exciting
- 17776 was really good! kinda sad it's over but happy to have experienced it, Jon Bois did a really good job with it
- it has rained non-stop today and tonight!
- today was the day of my first writing submission acceptance! it's a spec/sci-fi microfic, and it'll be published on July 20th! I am so happy about this
- my cat is so deep asleep I managed to gently pull his tongue out of his mouth, it is so cute and funny
- I wish I could focus better!!! I will do my best to improve it
- I had fun in my DnD game today, even if all of us (DM included) kept going off on entirely unrelated tangents about stuff (I play as a gnome bard and it's been the best thing because I won't stop talking during games and it fits in so well)
- my gastroparesis is flaring up again, but not in a violent-nausea kind of way, more of a I-have-no-appetite-let-me-just-live-off-smoothies kind of way
- one of my dear friends got married today! because she lives far away, I got to watch it livestreamed, it was so beautiful!
- I got my new glasses today! same frames, but new lenses. everything is so much clearer! plus they give you prescription cards now!
- I really love having a Kindle, it makes reading so much easier on my wonky arms/wrists/hands/body (my Kindle's name is Kindle of Convenience, because it's convenient and the Kings of Convenience are one of my favourite bands ♥)
- SO I GUESS DREAMWIDTH IS A THING! hi there! (she says, many years after making this journal and not using it until now)
- can I please hear back soon about the poem and short story I wrote
- very excited for upcoming events but gosh I am going to be even poorer than normal
- currently watching Little Witch Academia, I love it! Ursula is my wife, it's official